Merriam-Webster's School Dictionary
Newly Revised & Updated! Written especially for students grades 9-11, ages 14 & up.
- Features more than 100,000 definitions and meanings, and 28,000 usage examples
- Over 500 synonym paragraphs, 200 word history paragraphs, and nearly 1,000 illustrations
- Special sections include biographical names, geographical names, and signs and symbols
- A great study aid for students building vocabulary as they prepare for college-level reading
- New words include haptics, farro, cybercrime, off-grid, and paywall